BOSS – Band of Sisters
BOSS – Band of Sisters is a FREE community organisation that helps local women give something new a go, a career reconnect or new side hustle.
BOSS is offering a free program in Adelaide that starts on the 3 March 2020.
It’s more like attending a class than a business. Small community based groups of women, a peer group of SISTERS, are given the chance to put their idea or turning point into action.
BOSS is about women supporting one another, helping each other build confidence and courage to take a leap of faith and keep going. A forum to address their issues with support and guidance. A healthy, happy, positive place to meet regularly, working collaboratively; opening up brand new and exciting opportunities along the way.
A BOSS POD is a peer group of 8 to 10 local community women nurturing a new business idea or turning point or maybe seeking to reconnect with paid work after some time away.
BOSS in a nutshell:
- Un-tapping female potential in every local community.
- Helping women build their own community and be history in the making, via free, local community peer to peer support networks – BOSS PODs of 8 to 10 women.
- Supporting women as they trial a new business idea or re-enter the work force after time away.
- Every BOSS POD is facilitated by a fairygodBOSS in a short 8 week program to build connections, clarity and confidence.
- Building a human platform of female talent as we seek to provide free access to BOSS in every local community.
- Funded by corporate community connection program – by training their female employees as fairygodBOSSES to do social good on behalf of their brand and sponsoring one or more BOSS PODS in their local community.
- Tackling barriers to female participation and rewiring how we hire. Educating and breaking down barriers of unconscious bias through BOSS and giving a broader group of internal employees the knowledge and access to community ideas and people. Serving as strategic recruitment partners on behalf of their businesses.
How to Join:
BOSS PODs are small and diverse groups of 5 to 10 local women, completing a free 2 month, face to face program to build their community, connections and move their idea or turning point into action.
If you think this might help you, the 1st Adelaide BOSS POD starts on Tuesday 3 March 2020 from 9:30 – 11:30am.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the BOSS – Band Of Sisters website.
What: BOSS – Band of Sisters
When: Starts Tuesday 3 March 2020 from 9:30 – 11:30am
Where: Payneham, South Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: BOSS – Band of Sisters website & Facebook page
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!