Dogs: a story of our best friend
Dogs have been a much-loved part of our lives since we began to domesticate them more than 10,000 years ago, but how much do we actually know about our four-legged friends?
This special exhibition has been designed for all ages, but there’s lots for kids to enjoy, including:
- Explore the activity trail
- Crawl through the doggy door
- Play in the dog kennel
- Find fun facts in the text panels
- Take a selfie in the farm scene
- Interact with the puppy parade in the North Foyer. Place a puppy on the runway and scan its tag to unleash facts unique to that dog. All plush dogs available to purchase in the Museum Shop to take home!
Everyone in the family can:
- Explore the history of dogs from a scientific and cultural perspective. How did they evolve from wolves to our playful pals?
- Learn about dogs from popular culture, like Snoopy and Lassie!
- Look at a wide array of dog skeletons – the bones have been arranged in accurate order to represent the dog by the Museum’s taxidermist.
- Check out digital interactive displays explaining the incredible variation in skull shape among dogs and tools for selecting the best dog to match your lifestyle.
- Watch short films specifically created for the Museum highlighting the special bonds shared by owners and their dogs.
- Exclusive illustrations of a diverse range of different breeds.
- Historical and contemporary representations of dogs.
Please note: Humans only! Service dogs that have been individually trained to work or perform tasks for a guest with a disability are welcome, in accordance with the South Australian State Legislation.
**Tickets on sale Friday 22 November 2019**
Adult $15 | Concession $12 | Children aged 3-15* $5 | Children under 3* FREE | Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) $35 *must be accompanied by paying adult
Museum Members receive unlimited FREE VIP entry
For more information and all enquiries please visit the South Australian Museum website
What: Dogs: a story of our best friend
When: Friday 29 November 2019–Sunday 26 April 2020 | 10am – 5pm daily
Where: South Australian Museum
Who: Designed for all ages, with some special activities included for kids and families.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: SA Museum website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!