Victor Harbor’s Festival of Christmas 2020
Victor Harbor is presenting a week long Festival of Christmas from Monday 7 to Sunday 13 December 2020. It will be launched at the Giant Christmas Tree on Warland Reserve, followed by the Harcourts Home Christmas Lights trail, coordinated by The Victor Harbor Times newspaper with prizes for the best display.
There will also be a business Christmas shop front lights display, music from the State’s finest pipe organist and grand piano at Newland Memorial Church, a Christmas tree competition, horse and carriage rides, and a Festival of Bands event.
LIST OF EVENTS:
Monday 7 December 2020
- Launch event for the Festival of Christmas at the Giant Christmas Tree on Warland Reserve at 8.15pm.
- Launch of the Harcourts Home Christmas Lights Trail – Coordinated by VH Times newspaper, including a route for visitors to follow and manage the voting for the prizes. Harcourts are offering $1,000 in prizes. $500 for first, $300 for second and $200 for third prize. To enter send a photo of your house lit up and the address to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Christmas lights” in the subject line.
- Launch of the Victor Harbor Christmas Shop Display.
Thursday 10 December 2020
- Newland Memorial Church – Reflections from 10am to 11am piano and pipes music. Enjoy relaxing music with one of the States finest pipe organs and grand piano’s in a magnificent acoustic venue. Free entry.
- Rotary Polio Ute will be in Victor Harbor and there will be tickets sold to support the Rotary Polio World Eradication programme.
Saturday 12 December 2020
- 10am to 3pm – Horse and carriage rides. Rides will depart from Flinders Parade near the Memorial Gardens.
- 1pm to 4pm – Giant Balloon on Warland Reserve. Sponsored by the Strathalbyn Rotary Club. Gold coin donation.
- 2pm to 4 pm – Christmas Tree competition.
- 1pm to 4.30pm – Festival of Bands on Soldiers Memorial Gardens – Ticketed event (free) for up to 800 people – click here for tickets. READ MORE HERE
- 5:30pm to 8pm – Carols by the Sea with Santa’s Elves presented by Pip Squeekz and Pop Starz and a visit by Santa.
Ticketed event (free) for up to 800 people. READ MORE HERE
Sunday 13 December 2020
- 8am to 4pm – Victor Harbor Christmas Beachside Market – READ MORE HERE
- 6pm to 8pm – Newland Memorial Church: 9 Lessons and Carols.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Rotary Victor Harbor website.
What: Festival of Christmas
When: 7-13 December 2020
Where: Victor Harbor, South Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Rotary Victor Harbor
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!