IKEA Playland & Restaurant Adelaide Review 2012
IKEA are one of the rare ‘family friendly’ shopping venues that really do try to make visiting IKEA fun for children and grown ups alike.
Starting with the car park you will see special ‘pram friendly’ car parks located very close to the entrance of the store. As you come through the revolving door entrance you will see the activity filled IKEA Playland – children just love this playroom which has a huge ball pit, a TV playing kids movies, a large wooden train play table and lots of art activities.
Entry to IKEA Playland
For Health and Safety reasons there are restrictions and conditions of entry to this room which cover age and numbers. Children must be toilet trained and remove shoes and socks before entering.
- There can be a waiting time for Playland depending on the time of day – weekends and school holidays are extremely busy.
- There are tables and chairs with colouring in activities for the children while they wait.
- For the safety of the children the parent or guardian admitting the child must be the one to collect him or her.
- Children can stay and play in the playroom for up to an hour.
- Parents are given a pager which will beep when it’s time to collect your child.
Tip: IKEA have strollers and baby care rooms in all of their stores to make it easier for parents to shop.
The IKEA Restaurant provides some great deals on children’s meals as well as baby food and food warming facilities. If you take your children into the store with you, there is also a play area in the restaurant. The meals are very well priced, so while you take a break from wandering the store, grab a bite to eat, enjoy a hot or cold drink and let the kids have a play.
IKEA Playland opening times:
- Monday to Friday 10am – 8pm
- Saturday & Sunday 9am – 4:45pm
- Public Holidays 10am – 4:45pm
For more information and all enquiries please visit the IKEA website.
What: IKEA Playland & Restaurant
When: Open 7 Days (closed Christmas & Good Friday)
Where: 397 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Adelaide Airport
Who: Playland – 3-7 years | Restaurant – All Ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.