SASMEE Park Miniature Train Rides at Millswood.
The South Australian Society of Model & Experimental Engineers (SASMEE) conduct miniature train rides at Millswood twice a month throughout the year. The park is run by volunteers who maintain the park and the trains. The park offers picnic tables and seating with plenty of shady trees and a canteen which sells a range of soft drinks, tea, coffee, ice cream and hot chips and hot dogs.
This is a wonderful day out for families, especially for train lovers. There’s grassy areas for a picnic, and the pond is also popular for remote control boats. There are two stations within the park where you can catch the miniature steam trains. Your entry ticket gives you unlimited rides for the day. How many rides you get depends on how many people are there and how long the line-ups are. We managed to get 7 rides one afternoon when we visited.
SASMEE Park Miniature Trains Open Days
SASMEE is open on the first Sunday of every month and the third Saturday of every month.
Time: 1:30pm (approximately) – 5pm
Doors Open: 1:30pm
Stations Open: 2pm
Stations Close: 4:30pm
Entry fees: adults & children $6 each (under 2 years free)
Unlimited number of rides included in entry fee.
Tips for visiting:
- To ride the trains you are required to wear closed toe footwear. This is non-negotiable. Be sure to wear closed shoes so you are not disappointed.
- The steam engines emit sparks, soot & steam. Please note you may get dirty! Don’t wear your finest clothes and be aware that you will be straddling the seats when you ride so dresses and skirts may not be practical.
- Eftpos facilities are now available
- In inclement weather (very hot or stormy) SASMEE may choose to not open. Please check website for information on those days. On days over 35 degrees SASMEE will not open.
- Accessibility: Much of the grounds are wheelchair accessible, and appropriate toilet facilities are provided. However, the trains are only small and operators may not be able to accommodate all needs.
SASMEE also accept birthday parties which can be arranged with the gatekeeper. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
SASMEE is located at the end of SASMEE LANE (Opposite Ravensthorpe Ave)
For more information and all enquiries please visit the South Australian Society of Model & Experimental Engineers website
What: SASMEE Miniature Train Rides
When: See dates and times above
Where: Millswood Cres, Millswood
Who: Train Lovers
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!