Junior Rangers – Autumn Diaries
The SA National Parks & Wildlife Service have created a weekly nature journalling activity for Junior Rangers (aimed at kids aged 8-14 years, but anyone can join in). The aim is to capture nature this autumn.
Nature journalling is easy, flexible and good for the soul. It has been practised throughout history by naturalists, ecologists, artists and rangers. Record your curiosity and capture observations in a park or open space in your neighbourhood – or even in your backyard.
There will be new challenges and tips uploaded each week until the end of autumn.
- Week 1 – Autumn along our coast and marine parks
- Week 2 – Autumn – a time for birds
- Week 3 – Trees and colour
- Week 4 – Fungi and leaf litter
- Week 5 – Tracks and traces
- Week 6 – Large animals and their behaviour
What you need:
- Your own notebook, artbook or printer (if you want to print off the weekly pages).
- A display folder (if you want to print off weekly pages).
- Pencils, paints, ruler, camera/phone etc.
- Your imagination! There is no right or wrong way to nature journal.
How to journal:
Each week there will be tips and challenges to download.
- Grab your notebook and pens and tools.
- Find inspiration! Explore or sit in the bush or your backyard.
- Capture ideas, notes, dates and any other thoughts and reflections.
- Have a go at creating a poem or detailed scientific drawings.
- Keep asking yourself ‘I wonder why….?’
- Look up things when you get home.
- Think about any action you can take.
- Follow National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia Facebook for weekly challenges and tips.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Parks SA website here
What: Junior Rangers – Autumn Diaries
When: Autumn 2020
Who: Ages 8 – 14 (but anyone can join)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Parks SA website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!