Win Tickets to WOMADelaide 2020 | 6 – 9 March 2020
Over the March long weekend in Adelaide, WOMADelaide returns again to the green oasis of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Park.
WOMADelaide is one of Australia’s iconic festivals and is an award-winning celebration of the very best of the World of Music, Arts & Dance. Led by the exclusive Australian show from eight-time Grammy winner Ziggy Marley, WOMADelaide has released the final 50 artists to complete its 2020 artistic program, bound for Adelaide’s Botanic Park from 6–9 March.
Some of the highlight global artists will include:
- Ziggy Marley (Jamaica)
- Laura Marling (UK)
- Jorge Ben Jor (Brazil)
- Kate Miller-Heidke (Australia)
- Ngaiire (Papua New Guinea / Australia)
- Los Amigos Invisibles (Venezuela)
- General Levy (UK)
- Misstress Barbara (Italy/Canada)
- Greg Wilson (UK)
- Mavis Staples (US)
- Salif Keita (Mali)
- The Cat Empire (Australia)
- Orquesta Akokán (Cuba)
- Bill Callahan (US)
Hiatus Kaiyote (Australia)
- Aldous Harding (New Zealand)
The entertainment for WOMADelaide 2019 features:
- Music and Dance
- As the World Tipped
- Planet Talks Program
- Artists in Conversation
- Taste the World
Make sure to look out for:
- As the World Tipped – a politically-charged and environmentally-focused performance for our times, by the renowned English company, Wired Aerial Theatre. To be presented nightly in Frome Park, and towering 13 metres above the audience, As the World Tipped is an exceptionally ambitious and beautifully crafted aerial performance where dance and theatrics entwine with extraordinary projections that illustrate the very real and immediate realities of climate change.
- WOMOD – WOMADelaide has teamed up with UniSA’s MOD. to bring a taste of its futuristic museum of discovery to Frome Park. Inside the ‘WOMOD.’ shipping container, audiences can immerse themselves in the multi-sensory exhibit Feeling Human. Using a range of technologies the installation will invite people to consider, and experience first-hand, how the body and mind work together to feel pain.
For families thinking of visiting WOMAD for the first time, we encourage you to go. The Play & Go families have a fabulous time every year and the kids never want to leave! The KidZone area is just amazing with something new each year. Take a look at our pictures and review of 2019 WOMAD here and you’ll see what we mean.
This year includes:
- Story Time with Justine Clarke
- Climbing Tree’s Nature Village
- Uncle Stevie’s Kaurna Classroom
- The Talking Trees
- Kiddo Silent Disco tours with Guru Dudu
- Adelaide City Libraries Book Nook
- Evelyn Roth’s Nylon Zoo
- The Bubble Scientist
Remember children aged 12 years and under have FREE entry to WOMADelaide when accompanied by a paying adult, so they get in free and once you are there all the Kidzone activities are free too. Children aged between 13-17 years of age can purchase a Youth Pass ticket at a reduced price.
Also, check out our review of WOMADelaide 2019 HERE.
WIN 2 Adult Passes (children under 12 are free) to WOMADelaide valid for Saturday 7 March 2020. Prize is valued at $420.
How to Enter
Enter via the Gleam App below. The first 2 entry options are mandatory. You don’t have to complete all other entry options to be in the draw, but they give you more chances to win.
WIN Tickets to WOMADelaide
To be eligible to win you must be a resident of South Australia over 18 years old. Entrants must be a current active subscriber to Play & Go Adelaide’s weekly email newsletter at the time of the draw.
GIVEAWAY ENDS: Sunday 16 February 2020 | 11.59pm
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Giveaway is open to South Australian residents aged 18 years and over. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, credit or vouchers of any kind. The winners will be drawn at random and no further correspondence will be entered into. Once it has been confirmed that the entrants are currently active email subscribers or Facebook followers of Play & Go, the winners will be contacted. Play & Go reserves the right to change or discontinue any or all aspects of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Play & Go accepts no responsibility or liability for (including but not limited to) any lost or misdirected entries. All personal information given to enter this giveaway will only be used to contact winners and distribute prizes and not for any other purpose. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. We hereby release Facebook of any liability.If you have any additional questions – feel free to send us an email at email@example.com
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!