Get your sneakers on for the Indigenous Marathon Foundation and IMP Fun Run.
The Indigenous Marathon Foundation invite you to join the fourth annual Seppeltsfield Road IMP Fun Run with Fitness Challenges starting at Whistler Wines and finishing 5.5km along Seppeltsfield Road at Seppeltsfield Winery Picnic Grounds. The Seppeltsfield Road Fun Run is a fundraiser for the Indigenous Marathon Foundation and IMP, a health education program that uses running to create role models and leaders and promote healthy living and more active lifestyles in communities.
Run or walk 5.5km along picturesque Seppeltsfield Road from Whistler Wines to Seppeltsfield Winery. There will be some fitness stations along the way to break up the run and have more fun.
- Start – Near Cellar Door Whistler Wines 241 Seppeltsfield Rd Marananga
- Finish – Picnic Grounds Seppeltsfield Winery Seppeltsfield Rd Seppeltsfield
This event is about having fun and promoting fitness and healthy living with the family.
Strollers and dogs on leads welcome (make sure you carry a bag with you), but no bicycles or skateboards please.
Indigenous Marathon Foundation, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and healthy lifestyle theme. Come dressed wearing red, yellow, black, blue, green, white – it’s about having fun and promoting fitness. No timing, just fun!
Convenient parking at Seppeltsfield Winery with free Shuttle Bus to Whistler Wines for 8.30am start
- First Shuttle departs Seppeltsfield Winery at 7.15am
- Last Shuttle departs Seppeltsfield Winery at 7.45am
*Coffee will be available at the Picnic Grounds after the run*
Pre-Registration is preferred, prior to 5pm Saturday 8 October
Limited registration facilities available on the day, strictly between 7.30am-8.15am. All participants must have paid and signed indemnity form before start.
- Family $50
- Adults 17years and over $25
- Children 5-16 years $5 (must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Children Under 5 Free (must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
*Registration fee also entitles you to a finishers medal and a free egg and bacon roll for breakfast at the finish line*
FAMILY DAY | 10.30am – 4pm
A Fun Family Day in the beautiful surrounds of Seppeltsfield Winery Picnic Grounds, where you can enjoy and learn about the rich and beautiful culture of this country, meet Rob de Castella and IMP Graduates and Squad Members and relax and listen to some great music from some of our best musicians.
- Official Welcome to Country by Ngadjuri Elder Uncle Fred Agius and son Alex
- Smoking Ceremony & Traditional Dance by Kuma Kaaru
- Special Guests include IMP Members and Federal Member for Wakefield, Nick Champion MP
- Music by:
- Glenn Skuthorpe
- Nathan May
- Brutha ‘n’ I
- Mystery Guest!!
- Traditional games including boomerang and spear throwing
- Basket Weaving
- Aboriginal Art
- Health & Fitness
- SA Primary Health Network
- Aboriginal Fitness Professionals
- Indigenous Marathon Foundation
- Animals Anonymous
- Kids Craft Activities and Games
- Food – Kampung Kitchen, Barossa United Soccer Club (Sausages, Steak Sandwiches)
- Kiwanis Breakfast-Egg/Bacon Rolls
- Bennos Kiosk Seppeltsfield Winery will be open and serving Coffee
Cost: Free entry (Donations greatly appreciated).
For more information and all enquiries please visit the IMF Fundraising Page
What: Fun Run and Family Fun Day
When: Sunday 9 Oct 2016 | Fun Run from 7:30 am | Family Fun Day | 10:30am – 4pm
Where: Whistler Wines | Seppeltsfield Wines | Barossa Valley
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!