The English Ale 2017
A day and evening of Singing, Dancing, Mumming, Guising & Making Merry! The English Ale will be from 12pm – 11:30pm on Saturday 20 May 2017!
Activites include the Torch Light Procession, Petal, Tanis, Rufus, Mari Llwyd & Jack in the Green – Giants of the Hills, Hobby Horses, Burning of the Wicker Man, Hedgemonkey Morris, English Music Session, Hot for Joe Morris, Preston’s Traditional Punch & Judy, Fayre Guisers Mummers Players, Kacey Stephensen, Peter Titchener and Spiral Dance.
Day Events at The English Ale:
- 10am – 12pm – Druids of Oz Workshop $10 – bookings essential | See the Facebook Page here for more information.
- 12pm – English Music Session with The Adelaide Empire Band (called dances), Morris Dancing, Punch n Judy, and Beating of the Bounds | Gold coin donation welcome!
- 6.00pm – Torch light Procession & Ritual and burning of the wicker man | Gold Coin Donation Welcome
- 8pm – EVENING CONCERT: Early Bird tickets are $20+ booking fee OR $25 on door (See Below).
Tickets for The English Ale Evening Concert:
- Early Bird Tickets | $20 + booking fee | On sale from 1 March 2017 | BOOK HERE
- On the door Tickets | On sale from 4pm on the day | $25
- Kids under 12 are FREE!
Seating is limited so don’t miss out
Featured Acts at The English Ale:
- Peter Titchener (UK)
- Kacey Stephenson
- The Fayre Guisers
- Mummers Players
- Spiral Dance
Food & Beverages at The English Ale:
- Aussie cider bar & coffee outside of the hall
- Food available inside the hall (No BYO alcohol)
The English Ale Stalls:
- 13th Hour Jewelry and Pagan Wares | See what they do HERE
- Forest Spirit Jewelry
- Aussie Cider
- Ben’s Coffee Shop
For more information and all enquiries please visit the English Ale 2017 Facebook event page here
What: The English Ale 2017
When: Saturday 20 May 2017 | 12pm – 11:30pm
Where: Mylor Cotton Memorial Hall | Cnr Cross St & Strathalbyn Rd, Mylor
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!
Images Source: The English Ale Facebook