Adelaide National Park City Month
June will be a month-long celebration of Adelaide becoming a National Park City, with events being held across metropolitan South Australia.
The term ‘National Park City’ doesn’t mean a place that has a conservation framework like the usual national parks in Australia. Instead, National Park City is a global movement to create cities worldwide where people and nature are better connected.
The movement is managed by the National Park City Foundation, a registered charity established to bring the idea of National Park Cities to life internationally. In 2021, the National Park City Foundation created a National Park City Journey Book to guide applications for new cities to become National Park Cities.
Following an assessment process, the National Park City Foundation invited Adelaide to be a National Park City on 10 December 2021 at the World Urban Parks Congress 2021. Adelaide National Park City covers all of Greater Adelaide. This includes Salisbury in the north, Aldinga to the south, Burnside in the east, and Grange to the west, plus the city centre.
There a range of child-friendly events to be held during Adelaide National Park City month.
- City of Mitcham Soldiers Memorial Garden Tree Trail
- Nature Themed Storytime at Mitcham Memorial Library
- Tree Tots Storytime in the Garden
- Dune Detectives at Taperoo
- Geocaching with Nature Play
- Bluegum Bill’s Suburban Wildlife Safari
- Along the River – City of Norwood, Payneham & St Peters
- Nature Themed Storytime at Blackwood Library
- Creatures of the Night – Ranger-Guided Walk in Morialta Conservation Park
- Family Nature Walk with Nature Play SA in Onkaparinga National Park
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield Community Planting Day
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide National Park City website
What: Adelaide National Park City Month
When: June 2022
Where: Adelaide & Greater Adelaide, South Australia
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Adelaide National Park City website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!