World Solar Challenge Adelaide 2019
Celebrate innovation right here in Adelaide as all 46 teams from 23 countries finish their 3,000km journey from Darwin, powered by the sun as part of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge.
For over 30 years, the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge has welcomed the brightest young minds from around the world to Australia, challenging them to push the limits of solar technology.
Check out the teams as they cross the finish line, and then get a closer look at their cars once they’ve arrived. Be inspired by the future of solar and renewable energy technology with free entertainment and interactive science activities for the kids.
Entertainment & Activities
- Check out Questacon’s travelling exhibition Byte Wise on the south side of the Square, with computer science mathematics challenges for you to enjoy.
- Build your own solar powered boat, car or even robot.
- The Bridgestone Hub will feature a display of this year’s Bridgestone Photo Competition Finalists, with coffee also available in the Hub
- Grab a bite to eat at one of the food trucks on site – Squid Squad, Wafflestix, Zorba’s Yiros and Bread & Meat Co. Food Trucks are open from 9am – 5pm each day.
- Take a ride on a Beam Scooter
- Check out Flinders University’s awesome Autonomous Bus!
You can also see where the teams are at at they make their way down to Adelaide via the LIVE TRACKER.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the World Solar Challenge website or see their Facebook page here
What: Bridgestone World Solar Challenge Finish Line
When: Thursday 17 – Sunday 20 October 2019
Where: Tarndanyangga / Victoria Square, Adelaide
Who: All ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: supplied
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!