Purnong Water Regatta & Floatfest
Join the attempt to get as many canoes and kayaks on the Murray River for the Purnong Water Regatta for their first event
A weekend full of fun water activities for the first Purnong Water Regatta as well as the usual Floatfest fun all in one great new location.
Floatfest is an event instigated by the members of the Murraylands Regional Tourist Association, to encourage you to visit the region and experience life by the River.
This family focused event is an attempt to break a World Record to gather the largest number of floating kayaks and canoes by “Paddling into the Record Books”.
Core Activities at Floatfest Events
- Original record attempt – to gather as many kayaks and canoes rafted together for the record attempt
- Second record attempt – to line as many canoes/kayaks along the banks of the Murray River as possible
- Kayaking demonstrations and instruction for paddling skills/techniques
- Much more to be announced soon
- Market stalls
- Obstacle Courses raising funds for Can:Do 4Kids
- Canoe Polo Demonstrations
- More to be announced soon
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Floatfest website.
What: Purnong Water Regatta & Floatfest 2020
When: Saturday 14 & Sunday 15 March 2020
Where: Caurnamont Landing | Thompson Road, Caurnamont (see map here)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Floatfest website.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!