One Mitcham Many Cultures – Mitcham Multicultural Fair
The City of Mitcham is celebrating its cultural diversity and welcomes everyone to their award winning Multicultural Fair on Wednesday 21 March 2018 at St Marys Park.
Did you know that the City of Mitcham has over 46,000 residents and over half the resident’s parents were born overseas? This event has been created to celebrate diversity and inclusiveness in the City of Mitcham and create connectedness between new residents to the area with community groups and community members.
Activities at the Mitcham Multicultural Fair
- Enjoy a range of international foods and sample the Pasadena Foodland’s Spice Bar.
- Listen to live music performances and help welcome new citizens.
- There will be lots of kids’ activities as well as a large screen video console where you can play FIFA 18 against each other, Dance or Minecraft. There is also the chance to win a party for 20 with Games2U.
- Adelaide United will be appearing at the Fair offering giveaways and prizes including tickets to Adelaide United’s Harmony Day round. There will also be the chance to test your soccer skill with the Adelaide United inflatable goals.
- Everyone is also invited to join in welcoming the new citizens to Mitcham during a Citizenship Ceremony.
- Plus there is also the fantastic display of neighbour day art work and the chance to see the winning entries.
Watch the video below:
Multicultural Fair Art Competition for Kids:
Everybody Needs Good Neighbours Art Competition – Create a piece of artwork that shows what you love about your neighbourhood.
City of Mitcham are inviting children to create a beautiful drawing on what they love about their neighbourhood. It could be a picture of their neighbour, a special animal in their street, a house, a garden, their local shops, parks, trees. Anything that they think is special about their neighbourhood.
There is the chance to win some great prizes including a family pass to the Adelaide Royal Show, a free Little Picasso Art Class or Wallis Cinema Movie Tickets.
Winners will be announced at the Multicultural Fair. Competition closes 5pm on Monday 19 March 2018.
To enter the art competition see the City of Mitcham website HERE for entry forms and more information.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the City of Mitcham Website here
What: One Mitcham Many Cultures Multicultural Fair
When: Wednesday 21 March 2018 | 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Where: St Marys Park | Laura Avenue, St Marys
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: City of Mitcham website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!