Discover and learn about a new culture and language with the School of Languages!
The School of Languages is offering a fantastic cultural program during the October school holidays. Languages Alive! is open to all children between Reception and Year 7, giving them an opportunity to experience a new language and culture.
Children will choose from 2 options where they can enjoy 4 different workshops. Why not book in for both days and enjoy all of the experiences on offer? Languages Alive! workshops are all hands-on opportunities for children to delve into and enjoy exploring another culture and language for the day.
Option 1: Children will discover:
- the basics of Bollywood Dancing
- the ancient art of Chinese knotting and make a bracelet to take home
- famous Parisian landmarks and make their own interpretations in Lego form
- the traditional way that Korean children are named and make a personalised stamp and stationery set with their Korean name.
Option 2: Children will discover:
- the tradition of Flamenco dancing and learn to keep rhythm with castanets
- the ancient world of Chinese storytelling and make their own Beijing Opera masks
- how to write their name in Japanese characters and enjoy making origami
- eating in a traditional Korean setting and learn to use chopsticks correctly.
In addition to the various cultural activities, children will experience up to four different languages including Korean, French, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, and Japanese.
Their lunchtime program, (chosen at registration on the day), provides the children with the extra option of learning Chinese calligraphy, the basics of Karate, or participating in a selection of traditional sports such as pétanque, tu ho, or Sumo wrestling!
All children will receive a showbag of goodies and have a range of arts and crafts made over the day to take home.
Tickets are only $25 for a full day program.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Ticketbo website.
What: Languages Alive
When: Tuesday 11 & Wednesday 12 October 2016 | 9.30 am – 3.30 pm.
Where: School of Languages | 255 Torrens Rd | West Croydon
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our newsletter subscribers only!