Lucky Dumpling Market 2021 in Adelaide’s Elder Park
The Lucky Dumpling Market is popping up again in Adelaide’s Elder Park as part of OzAsia Festival 2021. Taste the flavours of Asia from a range of food stalls offering dumplings, noodles, bao, salads and curry and more.
Returning to Adelaide with the enticing sounds and smells of Asia’s bustling street markets, Lucky Dumpling Market is our favourite place to hang out on the balmy spring evenings throughout OzAsia Festival. A popular hub for food, bars and entertainment each Spring since 2017, the event is held at Elder Park on the Adelaide Riverbank – a large space allowing for greater physical distancing and a COVID-safe festival experience.
Taste the flavours of Asia with some of Adelaide’s most delicious food vendors cooking up authentic cuisine, spectacular desserts, bubble tea, and Japanese sake with premium South Australian wines and beer. Serving a delicious variety of BBQ, stir fries, noodles, bao and of course mouth-watering dumplings, Lucky Dumpling Market is the perfect place for a meal and drink with family and friends.
Be entertained with free live music from local and interstate artists along with family-friendly workshops and cultural activities showcasing some wonderful local community groups on weekends.
Brought to you by the team behind Adelaide Fringe venue Gluttony, the Lucky Dumpling Market was hugely popular last year and we expect it to be great again this year.
Play & Go’s 2021 Tips on what to take to the market:
- a mask, to wear at times it is difficult to physically distance at the event, eg on arrival, when queueing, and when leaving the site.
- a debit or credit card, as all food, drink and merchandise purchases are via EFTPOS.
- a refillable water bottle, to drink from the free water stations.
- a picnic blanket – while there are plenty of tables and chairs, these are in high demand at peak times, but there is plenty of grass to sit on (we couldn’t get a table tonight and sat on the grass).
- sun protection for during the day eg hats, shirts, sunscreen – while there are multiple shade structures (umbrellas over tables and a tent, Elder Park is in full sun during the day.
- warm layers for the evenings – there is a cool breeze off the river.
- It’s fenced all around but remember the river is nearby so keep an eye on kids.
- Entry is FREE and bookings are not needed.
Below are the food stalls for 2021:
- Bao+ (Taiwanese)
- Bubble Bus (bubble tea)
- Chef Kim (Korean)
- Combi Coffee Bar
- Donut Diner (donuts)
- Enfes Gözleme (Turkish)
- FIRE x Soi 38 (Thai barbecue)
- Flatiron Toastie and Momo Shop (Asian-inspired toasties and Nepalese dumplings)
- Forage Supply Co (vegan)
- GANG GANG (burgers)
- Humpty Dumplings (dumplings)
- Jalan Jalan (Malaysian)
- Mr Chow’s Dumpling Bar
- Phat Head (dumplings)
- Ragi’s Spice Kitchen 89 (Indian)
- Shibui Dessert Bar (desserts)
- Sky Doodles (fairy floss)
- Sookii La La Street Food (South East Asian)
- Soza’s (Sri Lankan)
- The Filipino Project (Filipino)
- TMR Dumplings (Vietnamese)
- Toly Vietnamese (Vietnamese)
These are our notes from the 2020 event – we will confirm closer to the date if there are changes for this year.
- The event is free entry
- No need to book; this is a non-ticketed event
- Please be aware that as a COVID safe event you are required to register at the entry gate for contact tracing
- The set up at Elder Park is very spacious and there are plenty of tables available for seating to enjoy your meal. You could also bring a picnic rug to sit on the grass
- This is a cashless event. Payment for all food and beverage is by card only (ie no cash)
- Open Tuesday to Friday | 4.30pm until late
- Saturday & Sunday | Midday until late
- Closed Mondays
Elder Park on the South Bank of Torrens Lake, in the Adelaide Riverbank precinct. Entry is via King William Road, or the riverside walkway near the Adelaide Festival Centre. Elder Park is a larger space than the previous location of the Convention Centre Lawns, allowing for greater physical distancing for attendees of the market.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Lucky Dumpling Market website or follow their Facebook page.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Festival Centre website.
What: Lucky Dumpling Market
When: 21 October – 7 November 2021
Where: Elder Park | Adelaide Riverbank, King William Street, Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: All photographs by Play & Go from previous years and 2021
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!