Summer Fundays 2020/21
Summer’s here and it’s time to celebrate with games, sport, art, music and more.
Summer Fundays is City of West Torrens’ family-friendly festival of free activities for residents of West Torrens. Along with free music performances and lots of great online activities to explore, Summer Fundays has a vibrant program of free activities requiring a ticket or registration which fall into 3 activity groups:
- Group A Ticketed West Torrens activities
- Group B Ticketed West Torrens activities
- Group C Summer Fun at the Hamra Centre Library and West Torrens Experiences
You can select either:
2 x Group A activity tickets per household,
4 x Group B activity tickets, per household.
Plus, residents of West Torrens can register for any or all of the free Group C come and try experiences and Hamra Centre Library activities that have limited places.
West Torrens residents who visit the Hamra Centre Library with their library card from 10 December 2020 can also enter a weekly draw to win Group A/B tickets from the Summer Fundays program. In addition, there will be weekly competitions posted on the City of West Torrens’ social media.
To be eligible for activities requiring tickets or registrations:
- You will need to be a resident of West Torrens.
- You will need to provide proof of residency in the online registration.
- Only 1 application per household will be accepted for ticketed Group A/B activities and City of West Torrens employees and their immediate family members are ineligible to receive and/or otherwise benefit from the ticketed activities in the Summer Fundays program.
Choose your activities and experiences online from 10am on 10 December 2020, until sold out.
A second round of tickets will be available online from 10am on 14 December 2020, until sold out.
When booking, only select the sessions you will attend, as attendances are limited and the council would like as many residents as possible to be able to participate in the Summer Fundays program.
When your order is confirmed, Group A/B tickets will be available for collection from the Hamra Centre Library foyer or you can choose to have the tickets sent to you by registered post (cost applies).
Also remember to be COVID safe with the COVID SAfe check-in app, staying 1.5m away from others when possible, washing your hands and wearing a mask when you can’t appropriately distance.
- Adelaide Sailing Club – Two Hour Sailing Experience (ages 7+)
- AFL MAX – ‘The Final Quarter’ (all ages)
- Bounce – Two Hour Superpass (all ages)
- Mega Adventure – MegaClimb (all ages)
- Sprout Cooking School – Quick Easy and Healthy for Kids (ages 5 – 11)
- Sprout Cooking School – Quick Easy and Healthy for Kids (ages 12 – 16)
- Westward Ho Golf Club – Intro to Golf (ages 7-15 and 15+)
- Ice ArenA Skate Pass (ages 18 and under)
- West Beach Mini Golf (all ages)
- Adelaide’s Bouldering Club Day Pass (all ages)
- Laser Skirmish at Mega Fast Karts Richmond (all ages)
- Tai Chi with Master Trainer Brenda Hum (all ages)
- Torrensville Bowling Club – Lawn Bowls Experience (all ages)
- Come and Try Snooker (ages 11 – 17 years)
- Come and Try Snooker (ages 50+)
- Come and Try Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) (ages 11 – 17)
- Come and Try Table Tennis (ages 50+)
- Come and Try Badminton (ages 5 – 9 years)
- Come and Try Badminton (ages 10 – 17 years)
- Come and Try Baseball (ages 5 – 7 years)
- Come and Try Baseball (ages 8 – 17 years)
- Come and Try Calisthenics (ages 6 and under)
- Come and Try Calisthenics (ages 7 – 10)
- Baby Time at Hamra Centre Library (ages birth – 18 months)
- Toddler Time at Hamra Centre Library (ages 18 months and up)
- Story time at Hamra Centre Library (ages 5 and under)
- Lego Club at Hamra Centre Library (ages 5 – 11)
- Teen De-stress workshop at Hamra Centre Library (ages 12+)
- Teen Book Taster at Hamra Centre Library (ages 12+)
- Lego for Teenagers and Young Adults at Hamra Centre Library (ages 12+)
- Mandy Foot: Illustrator workshop with book reading Hip Hop Barn (ages 3+)
- Tsunami Hee Ja: Comic and Manga Illustration workshops (all ages)
- Anthony Christou: How to Draw Dragons workshops (ages 5 – 18)
- Adam Cece: Author talk (ages 5 – 12)
- Kristin Martin: Poetry workshop (ages 6 – 10)
There will also be free live music events at Hamra Centre Library and in venues across the council.
There are also a range of online activities available.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the City of West Torrens website.
What: Summer Fundays
When: Various dates in December 2020 & January 2020
Where: Various Locations across City of West Torrens
Who: Residents of City of West Torrens only
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: City of Torrens website
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!