Isn’t it About Time you visited our historic Adelaide Gaol?
Discover what life was like behind bars for the prisoners who once called the Adelaide Gaol home as part of About Time : South Australia’s History Festival, held from 1-31 May 2015.
The Adelaide Gaol is one of the oldest remaining colonial public buildings in Adelaide and is the site of some of the state’s most interesting and macabre history.
Hidden Archival Treasures
A rare opportunity to view the Adelaide Gaol’s hidden treasures. You will see original documents, artefacts, photos and clothing on this glimpse into the past. History Volunteers will be on hand to answer all your questions.
- Entry includes a self-guided tour of the Gaol
- Sensible footwear required to climb stairs
- Parking available
- Tuesday 12 and Tuesday 19 May 2015 from 10.30 – 11.30am
- Cost: Adult: $14.00; Concession: $12.00; Child: $9.00; Family: $34.00
- Limited places, bookings essential
Three Dollar Day at the Adelaide Gaol
For one day per year we throw open the doors to the historic Adelaide Gaol for $3 per person. Discover 147 years of history on your self-guided tour. Visit the cells and walk the hallways – you may even catch a glimpse of one of our ghostly residents.
- Family activities and food available (some costs may apply)
- Free parking
- Sunday 24 May 2015 | 10am – 4.30pm (last entry 3.30pm)
- Cost: Per Person: $3
- Bookings not required
Twilight Tales From the Graves
Hear tales of some of the 45 prisoners executed at the Adelaide Gaol, including William Ridgway who was the youngest person at the age of 19, Elizabeth Woolcock, the only woman executed and Glen Sabre Valance who was the last person to hang in 1964.
- Visit the Hanging Tower and graves
- Saturday 2, 9, 16 & 30 May 2015 | 6-7pm and 8.30-9.30pm
- Cost: Per Person: $14.00
- Limited places available (15+) and pre-payment required
- Bookings essential
For bookings, more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Gaol website or phone 8231 4062.
What: Adelaide Gaol Events – About Time: South Australia’s History Festival
When: May 2015 (see dates and times above)
Where: Adelaide Gaol | 18 Gaol Road, Thebarton
Who: History Enthusiasts
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.