Westminster School Christmas Lights bringing joy to South Australian Families
South Australian families and children can view thousands of sparkling fairy lights, meet Santa in his Magic Christmas Kingdom, take in the beauty of an illuminated stained glass window and admire an array of colourful light displays and new festive decorations at Westminster’s annual lights display in December.
Westminster Christmas Lights – one of Adelaide’s most celebrated seasonal events – will be held from Thursday 12 December to Thursday 19 December 2019, with lights on each night from 7pm until 10pm. Visitors can also join in the festivities during the popular nightly Christmas carols and sing-a-long.
Families can enjoy the display by walking trails or drive-through viewing. Around 10,000 people attend Westminster Christmas Lights each year. The free community event is open to all members of the public.
- Thousands of sparkling fairy lights.
- Santa’s Magic Christmas Kingdom.
- A range of colourful light displays and festive decorations around the Chapel precinct, in large picture windows and around the Performing Arts theatre complex.
- Nightly music and carols sing-a-long in the School’s Chapel, from 8pm.
- The Chapel’s magnificent stained glass window will be illuminated as a special aspect of the display.
- An original 17-metre nativity mural painted on canvas by the Westminster School community.
- Refreshments will be available to enjoy during the event.
- Walking trails or drive-through viewing
Westminster Christmas Lights is a free community event. Parking is available on school grounds for a gold coin donation.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Westminster School website, visit the Westminster School Facebook page or call Westminster School on 8276 0276.
What: Westminster School Christmas Lights
When: Thursday 12 December to Thursday 19 December 2019 | 7pm – 10pm
Where: Westminster School | 1-23 Alison Avenue, Marion
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Westminster School
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!