Big Family Weekend
A joyous, fun, BIG inclusive event that will span many and varied locations along North Terrace and a few to the side.
DreamBIG Children’s Festival Big Family Weekend is a trail of art and wonder for children and their families over two days with shows, workshops, activities, exhibitions, eating, making, watching, laughing, thinking, chatting, questioning, dancing, singing and performances. There really is something for everyone.
Follow the trail for your age-group and discover an assortment of great events along the route.
Free activities at Big Family Weekend
- Government House and Gardens Open Day (Saturday Only)
- Mud Play, Loose Parts Play & Cubby Building with Climbing Tree
- The Little Barista Program by Bean Bar
- Paper Planet
- The Children’s Republic of Adelaide
- Ayers House Open Day
- Into the Jungle
- Leigh Hobbs
- Pop-Up Science Lectures with The Children’s University
- Silent Disco
- Colour Mapping
- Come Dance with Me, Again
- Silent Disco Walking Tour with Mucho Micho
- Messy Play with Playgroups SA
- CubbyTOWN Gallery
- Sir Scallywag and the Golden Underpants performed by Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
- Chalk-Board Gallery by Nonsense Inc
- Lights! Camera! Action! By AusDance
- Honk! Pop Up Play
- Outdoor Stages
- Food trucks
More information about the Big Family Weekend will be released in April 2017. Stay tuned!
More about the DreamBIG Children’s Festival
Find out more about what’s happening around Adelaide in this year’s DreamBIG Children’s Festival
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Big Family Weekend Facebook page.
What: Big Family Weekend
When: 20-21 May 2017 | 10am onwards
Where: Adelaide Festival Centre, North Terrace and surrounds – see above
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!