Monsters and Mermaids, Time Travel Adventure, Tomboy Knitters and more on offer during the July 2015 winter school holidays.
Snake making on Tomboy Knitters
Come have a ‘woolly-woolly’ good time at the Migration Museum these July school holidays and make and decorate your own Tomboy knitter.
Get inventive with wool these July school holidays. Make and decorate your very own Tomboy knitter (also known as French knitting) and use our yarn to get your creation started. Take home what you make or leave it at the museum to help decorate our courtyard and entrance gates.
- Suitable for 4 years+
- Migration Museum: 82 Kintore Avenue, Adelaide
- Program runs Saturday 4 to Sunday 19 July 11:00am -4:00pm weekdays and 1:30pm-4:30pm weekends
- Admission is FREE (Groups should book)
- For further information call the museum on 8207 7580 or email: email@example.com.
PS for the Parents: ‘Love a Good Yarn’? Don’t miss out on our newest exhibition that’s all about knitting and crochet from Nanna to now.
Monsters and Mermaids
From the creators of the popular Gory Stories comes a new adventure on the high seas! Set sail on haunted ships into strange seas. Look out for mermaids singing … beware of monsters rising from the deep. Help the crew navigate their way through salty superstitions. Suitable for all ages – dress up and come on a voyage into the fantastical with the Museum’s new holiday show.
- SA Maritime Museum: 126 Lipson Street, Port Adelaide
- Performances are at 11am and 1pm and run Mondays to Fridays during the July school holidays
- No bookings required
- Free with normal museum entry: $10 adults, $8 conc., $5 child or $25 for a family
- For further information call the Museum on 8207 6255
PS for the Parents: Don’t forget to check out our newest exhibition ‘All the World’s at Sea: A World War 1 Centenary’ exploring the history of the Great War on the ocean.
Travel Through Time…
And come and make your own time-travel vehicle!
Have you ever thought of travelling through time? How would you do it? Head to the National Motor Museum any day during the July school holidays to design your very own time travel vehicle. We have a DeLorean, just like the car in the Back to The Future movie, on show for some inspiration. Your creations will be put on display too!
- National Motor Museum: Shannon Street, Birdwood
- Program runs Saturday 4 to Sunday 19 July, 10am-5pm every day
- Free with normal museum entry: $12 adults, $10 conc, $5 child or $30 for a family
- For further information call the Museum on 8568 4000
PS for the Parents: Check out our newest changing display ‘Pole Position’ which features stand out vehicles from the museum’s collection, or start your own journey through the 300+ vehicles on show.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the History SA website.
What: History SA School Holiday Programs
When: 4 – 19 July 2015 (school holidays)
Where: SA Maritime Museum, National Motor Museum and Migration Museum
Who: 4+ years
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
All images provided by History SA.