Business Development Manager
We are seeking a part-time Business Development Manager to join the small Play & Go team, dedicated to selling advertising options across all our platforms.
This is a flexible, home-based role, with the freedom to work around your family life. You will be joining an established and trusted, family oriented brand. Established in 2011, Play & Go is the original and longest running independent source for family inspiration and entertainment ideas in South Australia.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and able to work independently but also as part of a supportive team. Always professional, you have a strong customer service focus, positive outlook and a ‘can do’ attitude.
In this role you will be an advocate for the Play & Go brand and love explaining how our services will help businesses or events achieve their marketing goals. Responsibilities include forming fun campaign ideas, creating proposals, closing sales, plus building and maintaining solid relationships with clients.
The key requirements for this role:
- Ideally, you have prior solid experience in digital media sales, or other mediums such as magazine, outdoor, radio or TV. Applicants with proven sales experience in other industries will also be considered.
- Excellent customer service skills, and the ability to confidently negotiate with key decision makers in small to medium businesses, corporate organisations, large brands and media agencies.
- Attention to detail is crucial; excellent spelling and grammar; super organisation; and the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines are all essential to the role.
- We are all about people. Vital to the role is having outstanding communication skills, both verbally and written. You will need to have the confidence and ability to pick up the phone when needed, or meet with clients face to face as well.
- Following up on enquiries and leads given, as well as working proactively to seek new business opportunities and create successful proposals based on criteria and budgets.
Working for Play & Go is different to a traditional office job. You won’t need to spend money on a corporate wardrobe and can often work in your pjs or active wear if you like. You can do school drop off, stay for reading if you want; and go to sports days and excursions while your kids still think you’re a rock star. Leave for school pick up and not worry about everyone at the office noticing you’re headed out the door at 3pm. As part of the Play & Go team, we also offer many opportunities for you and your family to experience fun events, shows and festivals.
You will need your own computer, mobile phone and good internet connection to work remotely from home. This is a contractor position so an ABN will be required.
Number of hours are negotiable (ideally 8-10 hours per week, over at least 4 days per week), during business hours. Would ideally suit someone who has uninterrupted time to work during school hours.
Remuneration is commensurate with experience and also includes generous commission bonuses.
To apply for this position please email your application, addressing the key requirements above, along with your Resume to Linda at email@example.com with Business Development Manager as the subject.
Applications close Sunday 31 March 2019. Only applicants successful in progressing to the next stage for an interview will be contacted.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!