We’re looking for writers to review playgrounds and shows for Play & Go
This is a flexible, home-based role, with the freedom to work around your family life. You will be joining an established and trusted, family oriented brand. Established in 2011, Play & Go is the original and longest running independent source for family inspiration and entertainment ideas in South Australia.
Are you a Play & Go parent who loves to get out with the kids to explore playgrounds, events, festivals, movies and concerts?
Do you like to take lots of photos and are good with a camera?
Do you love to check out the latest playgrounds that have just opened, and new events happening around Adelaide?
Have you read our Play & Go playground or show reviews and used them as a guide? Have you ever thought, “I could have written that review,”?
Well, this might just be your chance. If you’re a regular Play & Go Adelaide reader you will know that we love checking out playgrounds. There have been many new playspaces opened over the past few years and we are looking for some Playground Reviewers to join our team to cover more of them. Earn yourself a little bit of cash doing something that you love to do, and help our Play & Go community by providing information about playgrounds.
If you love taking your kids to concerts and festivals; would love the opportunity to attend special family movie previews, and write about them, this is your chance to get free tickets to experience fun outings together.
To give you an idea of what is involved, here are the pre-requisites and details:
- The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and able to work independently but also as part of a supportive team.
- Excellent written and communication skills are a must, including a love of grammar and great spelling. Let’s just say you know your way around what’s “their, they’re and there”, when to use them, and may even cringe whenever you see them used incorrectly.
- You love to take photos, and you take a lot of them. It’s not necessary to be a professional photographer but you need to know how to get good pics with good lighting and angles. You’re the one all your friends want at their kid’s birthday party to take some good pics.
- Having visited many playgrounds regularly, you would have a pretty good idea of what’s popular with families and be able to identify positive and negative aspects of a park and playground equipment.
- If reviewing shows and movies, you must already be a regular theatre goer so you have a good idea of what’s suitable for families and have general knowledge of the local theatre scene, and be familiar with family movies.
- We are a positive website so your reviews need to reflect this. We go to concerts and shows with a positive attitude to have fun, and always with the intention of having a great time with our kids.
- You will need your own computer, good internet, your own ABN (this can be arranged after you are successful in the role), and the work will be done in your own home.
- Totally flexible work hours – approximately up to 2 hours is spent on each playground, event or show review, including photo editing and writing up. No pressure – this is something you can do around your family commitments.
- The number of reviews will depend on what shows and events are happening, and which of our reviewer team is available on the specified dates and times. It will vary during the year. You may only do one review a month or during busy periods such as the Fringe, you may do two a week.
- We will give you support with training and software. WordPress experience would be highly regarded but not obligatory – we can teach you.
- We are seeking reviews mostly suited to kids aged between 2 years and 8 years old.
- While playground reviews are remunerated, show reviews are compensated with free tickets. Tickets to shows can vary between $25 to $200 each, and some involve unique experiences not available to the general public.
Apply if you are a positive person who likes to have fun, and enjoy having new experiences with your kids. Ideally they like to get out and about as well – it will be hard to do reviews if your child doesn’t enjoy going out to new places. See some of our reviews here for ideas on the look and feel of our reviews.
How to Apply:
To apply for a Reviewer position, please submit a review of a playground you like to visit with your kids or a show you have recently attended. If your review is suitable for us to publish on Play & Go, you may be offered a Reviewer position, and you will be remunerated for the review. Only reviews that we publish will be remunerated. We will only publish a playground review if we do not currently already have a review for it on our site. You can check by using the search function on our Home Page to see if the playground you are considering reviewing is already listed.
Reviews can be submitted in Word or PDF format. Please specify if you would only like to do playground reviews, or only interested in doing show reviews, or would love to do both.
Please let us know how many kids you have and their ages, plus what area of Adelaide (North, South, East, West, Hills, Inner City) you would be interested in reviewing playgrounds for.
Email your review and tell us a bit about yourself to Linda – email: email@example.com with Reviewer as the subject heading.
Applications close Monday 25 March 2019. Only applicants successful in progressing to the next stage for an interview will be contacted.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!