Maronite Community of SA Festival
The Maronite Community of SA is hosting a 2 day festival to celebrate the blessed feast of the Maronite community’s patron saint and founder, St. Maroun.
The Maronite Community of SA grounds area will be be opened to the public, with a festival environment of food stalls, amusement activities for all public members, and their families.
Culture, sport, music and hospitality will be on display by the talented community members and Maronite food and cuisine will be available throughout the grounds for everyone to taste and enjoy.
On the Sunday they will have their customary Mass at 11am followed by Lebanese Lunch in the Hall afterwards.
- Information Brochures will be distributed within the local area, as well as encouraging and informing public community members to attend the planned activities.
- Food stalls and amusement activities for all public members, and their families.
- Educational resource material about the Maronite Community of SA and it’s involvement in Australian Society will be presented in the community hall.
- Spiritual Information will be presented in the Church area, for interested public and community members about the founding faith and values.
- Culture, sport, music and hospitality will be on display by their talented community members.
- Food and cuisine will be available throughout the grounds for everyone to taste and enjoy.
- Small seminars on the contributions and involvement of the Maronite community, past and present, within the wider Australian society.
Kids Activities also include:
- Jumping Castle
- Face painting
- Throw the football in the hole
The purpose of the event is to celebrate the Patron Saint, Maroun, of the Maronite Church and promote Maronite Community of SA events to the local and wider South Australian population. It is also to encourage continuing future educational and beneficial events for all.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Facebook event page here
What: Maronite Community of SA Festival
When: Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 February 2020 | 1pm – 5pm
Where: 379 Goodwood Road, Westbourne Park
Who: All ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: supplied
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!