Para Wirra Recreation Park Family Fun Day. A free event.
Head to Para Wirra Recreation Park; a beautiful and iconic South Australians bushland setting. FREE entry all day! Activities and displays from 10 am – 3 pm. Enjoy the following activities and highlights below.
- Delightful food and drink stalls
- Listen and enjoy some great local music
- Take the Junior Ranger trail challenge and meet your local rangers!
- Join in our Campfire Cook-up and try some tasty damper or hot spuds
- Dress-up, join the parade and then listen to a nature story inside the giant inflated echidna from Nylon Zoo
- Discover your own natural treasure on the Nature Play Treasure Hunt
- Let the local scouts show you what camping was like in the old days and try out their ropes and poles course
- Visit the Para Wirra park office and check out local school student’s nature art
- Join a guided walk to the historical Lady Alice Mining area or search for spring wildflowers in the park with a Ranger
- Come ‘n Try Orienteering or Geocaching
- Enjoy kids’ face painting and games or take a bike ride along the Scenic Drive
- See venomous snakes and hold an Australian python
- Meet native animals from Humbug Wildlife Sanctuary and Nature Education Centre
- Find out how to volunteer and meet new friends with Friends of Para Wirra
- See CFS and DEWNR fire trucks in action and meet your local CFS crew
- Learn about macro invertebrates with kids’ water bug hunting activities at the Para Wirra Lake
- Browse local stalls and displays
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Natural Resources website.
What: Para Wirra family fun day
When: Sunday 20 September 2015 | 10 am – 3 pm
Where: Para Wirra Recreation Park | 40 km north east of Adelaide, Access is via Humbug Scrub Road, One Tree Hill
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out what’s on, where to go and what to do with the kids in and around Adelaide. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may even get the odd ‘special offer’ exclusively sent to our newsletter subscribers only!