ISHE & Co. share their fabulous party recipe for Stamped Fondant Biscuits and instructions for a Balloon Garland backdrop
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on parties… get crafty and make it yourself. From the invitations and the decorations to the party food and favours, ISHE & Co. have just about attempted it all. Below they share a couple of their fabulous successes.
S T A M P E D F O N D A N T B I S C U I T S
These biscuits have become a regular at ISHE & Co. parties. They are very versatile and can be used as party favours, place settings, name tags on party bags etc. Not only do they taste nice, they can be made well ahead of time.
Normally this sugar cookie recipe is made in a Thermomix, but there is no reason why this recipe couldn’t be made using traditional baking equipment or you could use an alternate recipe for sugar/vanilla biscuits.
R E C I P E | Author: Robyn (Mrs D)
- 90g butter
- 100g sugar
- 230g flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add the sugar to the thermomix bowl and spin for 3 seconds on speed 9
- Add the butter and the vanilla and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5
- Scrape down the sides and repeat 2 more times, but on speed 4, until the mixture is light and creamy
- Add the egg and beat on speed 4 for 20 seconds. Scrape down the sides
- Add all the dry ingredients. Knead for 25 seconds on speed soft
- Add a little flour to your work bench and roll the dough into a square shape about 2-3 cm thick. Wrap it up in cling film and pop it in the fridge for 30 mins
- Once it’s nice and firm, roll it out so that it is approx 1 cm thick, get out your cookie cutters and let your kids have fun cutting shapes
- Lay them on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes (or until they are golden around the edges but still soft in the middle)
- Allow to cool before icing
ISHE & Co. have made their own marshmallow fondant in the past, which does taste good, but can be fiddly and time consuming. It turns out that the ready to roll fondant from supermarkets (try Coles) tastes just as good and is so much easier. Use the same cookie cutter to cut out the fondant. This will be the perfect size as the biscuit spreads slightly while cooking.
Wiltshire stamp used is from Spotlight. The only tricky thing is to set up the stamp with the letters back to front. Lightly brush the biscuits with light corn syrup and lay over the stamped fondant. Once you master these you’ll be looking for occasions to make them!
Recipe type: Thermomix (click here for link to recipe)
B A L L O O N I N S T A L L A T I O N
Balloons are a party necessity. Garlands seem to be all the rage so ISHE & Co. thought they would give it a go for a 2nd birthday celebration. There seems to be a lack of good tutorials online.
Using regular balloons and partially inflating them to different sizes, sticky tabs from Balloons Galore were used to attach a few to the wall in the desired shape. The remaining balloons were stuck to these with a low temp hot glue gun (available from Spotlight). Word of caution – it is advisable to wear protective eye wear and long sleeves. Red balloons and hot glue don’t seem to mix for some unexplained reason. There was no issue with any of the other colours and the installation was good for a few days. As you would agree the end result is fabulous!
How gorgeous is this rainbow fruit platter and the rainbow birthday cake from this party.
Play & Go thank ISHE & Co for their guest party post. You can follow their gorgeous Instagram page here.
All photos by ISHE & Co.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!