Professor Spookier’s Guide to a COVID Safe Halloween + SAPOL Halloween Resources
Halloween and Trick-or-Treating is permitted and can be done in a COVID Safe way while still being lots of fun.
Halloween 2021 falls on a Sunday this year (31 October).
Halloween this year might be a little bit different than usual with COVID restrictions and extra precautions in place, but if your family enjoy the annual neighbourhood trick or treating you are still permitted to participate, just remember to be COVID safe while still having plenty of fun.
If you’re heading out for a spooky night, Prof Spurrier recommends the following:
- Dress up in your scariest costume
- Don’t go trick or treating if you are unwell
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from other trick-or-treaters not in your group
- Take hand sanitiser with you and sanitise your hands regularly
- Only give out and take wrapped lollies or snacks
SAPOL Halloween Resources
SAPOL also have a range of Halloween resources you can view and download including fact sheets, posters and kids activities.
- Halloween safety tips fact sheet
- Halloween safety for kids
- Trick-or-treaters welcome sign
- No trick-or-treaters sign
- Neighbourhood Watch Halloween activities
- Trick-or-treaters welcome sign colour in
- No trick-or-treaters sign colour in
Visit the SAPOL website here to view their safety and security tips.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Government of South Australia’s SA Health website.
What: SAPOL & Professor Spookier’s Guide to a COVID Safe Halloween
When: Sunday 31 October 2021
Where: Your local neighbourhood
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image source: SA Health Facebook post and SAPOL
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!