Food. FERMENT. Wine.
CheeseFest & FERMENT presents all things Cheese and all things Fermented. The match made in HEAVEN just got CHEESIER!
Australia’s biggest Cheese Festival and only Fermentation Festival has been combined into one location over two days this Spring. Celebrating the match made in heaven – Cheese and Wine – with all things fermented has never looked (or tasted!) so good. Whether you’re a die hard foodie, a craft beer fanatic, a home fermenter, Australia’s top wino or you simply want to have a picnic and enjoy the live music with your friends and family, CheeseFest is the place to be.
Over one hundred food and beverage stalls featuring SA (and Australia’s) best and brightest cheese, food and beverage producers with fresh, local produce will feature in the picturesque setting of Rymill Park
Here’s a taste of what they have in store for you this year:
- Australia’s most amazing cheesemakers
- South Australia’s finest winemakers
- Fermentation masterminds
- Australia’s most innovative food producers
- Local award-winning brewers and distillers
- Exclusive access to dozens of different local foods and beverages
There are a wide variety of events on offer over the weekend including:
- Free Cooking Demos and Masterclasses from renowned Chefs and Fermenters
- Guided tastings from some of the top cheesemakers, brewers, distillers and vintners in the business
- Oh, and TWO G&T bars, if you just want to wet your whistle
- Stroll on over to their French, Italian, and Spanish Quarters (The best European cheeses and wines, without the jetlag!)
- Tarts, Toasties, and Tea for those who feel like relaxing
- Family Picnic Area for the kids
- Master of Fromage!
Last year they were blessed with the amazing Matt Preston as their Cheese Master – their Master of Fromage. Who will it be this year? Will Matt reprise his role? Keep an eye on the CheeseFest Facebook page to find out!
- EARLY Early Bird Offer: $20 – Saturday June 1st and Sunday June 2nd 2019 ONLY
- Early Bird Offer: $25 (EXPIRES 25/10/19 11:59pm)
- Online Tickets Saturday/Sunday – $30
- Online Ticket Weekend Pass – $40
- Adult Tickets at the Gate – $30
- Concession Tickets at the Gate – $25 (Only available at the gate, Concession card required)
- Kids 12 and under – FREE – (They want to teach you about good food, fermentation and REAL CHEESE! Must be accompanied with an adult)
- Carers – FREE! – (with valid carers card)
NOTE – Limited tickets are available at the gate
CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS (on sale from 1 June 2019)
The New O-Bahn drops you directly at their door, as does the new Tram system on North Terrace. There is public parking available off Rundle Street, North Terrace, Bartels Road and Flinders Street (check for time limits) – all a few minutes walk from Rymill Park.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the CheeseFest website.
What: CheeseFest + FERMENT
When: Saturday 26 October 2019 (11am – 8pm) & Sunday 27 October 2019 (11am – 6pm)
Where: Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka | East Terrace, Adelaide
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: CheeseFest Facebook event page, CheeseFest website & CheeseFest + FERMENT Eventbrite
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!