Chocolate Brownies Recipe
I have a word of advice about these brownies. Make sure you have someone to share them with!! Kids and adults alike will gobble up these tasty morsels of deliciousness very quickly.
I think most people would agree that brownies should have a little bit of crunch on the outside but should glisten and be gooey and slightly chewy on the inside.
I have made these brownies quite a few times and found them easy to make and they always work out beautifully! Feel free to add nuts and/or choc bits as you desire.
(Best of all – if you buy good quality chocolate without added flavours you can add them to your additive free baking list.)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate
- (optional) 125g chopped nuts/choc bits
- 80g cocoa powder, sifted
- 65g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large, free-range eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (fan oven).
- Line a square 24cm baking tin or rectangular 13 x 9 inch baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- If adding nuts or choc bit, add to chocolate and butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add melted chocolate and butter to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Beat the eggs and mix in until you reach a silky consistency.
- Place mixture into baking tray and bake for around 25 minutes.
Be careful not to overcook brownies. Brownies should be slightly springy on the outside but gooey in the middle. Cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into squares or rectangles with a sharp knife.
This recipe is an adaptation of Jamie Oliver’s Bloomin Brilliant Brownie Recipe.
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!