Served warm or cold, these delicious homemade scones are perfect for a morning snack or afternoon tea, as an after school treat, to take to the park in a picnic basket or as part of a party menu.
I’ve served these delights many times and there’s never any left over! Loved equally by both adults and children, this recipe is super easy to follow and simple enough for the kids to join in and help.
- 3 cups self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius fan forced oven
- combine flour & salt in a bowl; make a well in the centre
- alternatively add small amounts of lemonade & cream, mixing in between (don’t over mix)
- knead on a floured surface, then flatten
- cut out shapes of your choice – round, heart, flower etc.
- place scones on a baking tray & brush tops with milk
- bake for 15 minutes
When done, place a fresh tea towel in a clean bowl and place scones inside, then cover over to keep warm.
To serve, top with your favourite jam and a dollop of whipped cream. YUM!
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Photos by Play & Go 2012
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!