Adelaide Christmas Trail in Rundle Mall
There’s so much to see at Christmas time when you’re in the city. Here are 20 things to look out for when you’re visiting Rundle Mall. Some are a little hidden away so here’s a little Christmas Trail for you to follow when adventuring through. Make sure your camera or phone is fully charged as there are plenty of opportunities to get some fabulous and fun Christmas photos. Some of the things included here are permanent things, but fun to look out for as well.
This would make a fun little treasure hunt too to see if the kids can find all of these things along the way.
- Where to Start – If you start at the Pulteney Street end of Rundle Mall you’ll see the signage above and our pictures will pretty much be in order as you scroll down. Start from the bottom up if you are coming from the King William Street end.
- Christmas Windows – you’ll see these all down the Mall. Make sure you check out both sides of the boxes as they have different things. Read more about the window displays here
3. Adelaide Arcade Fountain
4. Adelaide Arcade Santa and Christmas Trees
Walk through Adelaide Arcade to see all the Christmas decorations.
5. Selfie Stops in Adelaide Arcade
Get photos with the kids faces in these cut-outs. There’s a different picture on each side – angels and elves.
6. Adelaide Arcade Tea Rooms
Look out for the glass floor and underground stairs to the old Tea Rooms.
7. Regent Arcade Reindeer
Walk down Regent Arcade to see the reindeer – this is quite far down the centre.
8. Don’t miss this Christmas Display with the trees, baubles and gifts – it’s a good one for a photo.
9. Rundle Mall Balls – don’t think you can miss these.
10. David Jones piano man – he is playing there during the day at certain times. You’ll find him near the Mac counter (on your left when you enter). At this point we would usually suggest going to the Magic Cave upstairs, but the sessions with Father Christmas are already booked out this year, and it is not possible to drop by to see the Magic Cave and ride the carousel or see the windows unless you have a booking already.
11. See the new Giant Pigeon – Read more about this new art sculpture here
12. Say Hello to the Rundle Mall pigs
13. Santa at the North Pole window display – you’ll find this one at the front of Myer. There’s a red letterbox here if you have a letter for Santa to post.
14. Giant Golden Reindeer at the Myer Centre
15. Santaland at Myer
Even if you don’t have a booking to see Father Christmas you can still go up and have a look at the big train (from outside of the fence) and take some selfies at the Disney set up this year. Read more about Santaland here
16. Say Hello to the life-sized LEGO Darth Vader
17. Take a selfie pic in the Frozen 2 themed box and the Star Wars themed box. There’s a phone holder in the circular light stand where you can place your mobile to get a pic.
18. Blackeby’s Sweets – across the Mall from the Myer Centre is James Place where you’ll find this iconic vintage styled lolly shop. Read our Review here
19. Blackeby’s Christmas Window – make sure you take a look at the window outside – there’s a special Christmas one as part of the City of Adelaide’s Christmas Festival. All the details in this one is spectacular. Inside Blackeby’s is an amazing window that is usually moving (but currently it is switched off to allow for this Christmas window on the outside).
20. Giant Christmas Tree at the Mortlock Library
If you’re not all too tired and can cope with a little detour, it’s worth taking a look at the spectacular largest indoor Christmas tree in Adelaide at the State Library. Head down Gawler Place to North Terrace. Read more here
If you spot any other Christmas find to add to the trail, let us know.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: All photos by Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!