Santaland Myer Christmas experience in 2020 – Rundle Mall, Adelaide
In the lead up to Christmas, the Santaland Express Train is at Myer for families to jump aboard and ride to visit Father Christmas.
Santaland is open from the Christmas Pageant day, Saturday 14 November 2020, right up until Christmas Eve.
Disney is bringing some extra fun to Santaland this year with a special Christmas experience for the whole family. There are two selfie photo boxes – one is a Frozen 2 theme, the other is a Star Wars experience. Families are welcome to take their own photos here. Star Wars fans will particularly like the life-sized Darth Vader made from LEGO.
You can also download your own Disney themed Star Lantern at home, decorate it and then bring it to Santaland and hang it on their special Christmas tree (pictured below). Click here for details.
Myer’s Santaland was refurbished a couple of years ago to create a festive area on level two of the Adelaide Myer Centre. The result was a magical winter wonderland for Christmas and the main attraction is the ‘Santaland Express’ – a life size train offering a virtual experience to transport passengers on a journey to visit Santa.
Online Bookings are essential to visit with Father Christmas
Children can visit Father Christmas and parents are permitted to bring their camera to take their own photographs of their child’s visit. Myer will also take professional pictures which will be available to purchase if you choose (there is no obligation to buy the photos). The visits are for 10 minutes per family.
Things are a little bit different this year.
Notes about visits this year:
- As usual, visits with Father Christmas are free (there is a cost if you want to purchase photos).
- Visits are only by online booking this year – don’t go there without pre-booking.
- There will be no physical contact with Father Christmas or his Elves.
- All booking members must be from the same household – 6 family members maximum.
- A trip on the Santaland Express train on your visit to Santa is included with each City store booking (Available in Melbourne City, Brisbane City, Perth City, Adelaide City, Sydney City stores only).
- To ensure a safe environment for their customers and their team, Myer are unable to offer any additional activities in Santaland this year. There are no activities like the Nerf area, Lego play or colouring-in as in previous years.
- Bookings are essential.
Read all the Frequently Asked Questions here, about Santaland
Play & Go Tip:
Visiting before official school holidays begin is often much quieter.
This year the Giftorium is situated right near Santaland and one of the gifts we liked last year is back again – personalised Toblerone. We got one for a favourite teacher last year who is a big fan of Toblerone.
While you’re in Rundle Mall, you could also check out the Magic Cave at David Jones and be sure to walk by the Rundle Mall Christmas windows.
For more information, store opening times and all enquiries please visit the Myer website.
What: Santaland at Myer Adelaide
When: Saturday 14 November – Thursday 24 December 2020 (check Myer website for opening hours)
Where: Myer | 22 Rundle Mall, Adelaide (2nd Floor)
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
All photos by Play & Go Adelaide
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!