Gluttony 2022 – Adelaide Fringe
Gluttony Encore! A selected program running 23-27 March 2022
Adelaide Fringe 2022 has officially ended but Gluttony is enjoying this season so much that they’ve arranged a small encore from Wednesday 23 March until Sunday 27 March 2022. Families are welcome to enjoy Comedy Hypnotist Matt Hale: Absolute Chaos, plus food vendors Gang Gang (burgers and chips), Soza’s (Sri Lankan, including their popular hot buttered squid) and Shibui Dessert Bar (a hit with all ages).
**Please note that the rest of Gluttony’s venues, food vendors, bars and park features will not be open, and site bump-out will be taking place in other areas of the park.
Extended Opening hours:
- From 5.30pm Wednesday 23 March, Thursday 24 March and Friday 25 March 2022
- From 3pm Saturday 26 March and Sunday 27 March 2022=
Gluttony Encore season has been made possible through generous support from the Adelaide Economic Development Agency and City of Adelaide.
Over the past decade, Gluttony has grown to become synonymous with the East End’s Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka during Adelaide’s festival months of February and March. Thousands of artists have passed under their Art Deco-styled façade to perform on their stages, from local up-and-comers to national TV stars to globally renowned acts.
SCROLL DOWN TO READ ABOUT:
FAMILY FRIENDLY GLUTTONY SHOWS
Take your pick from comedy, cabaret, music, circus, dance, theatre, magic and more. Many Gluttony favourites return, while some fresh new acts join them for the first time.
Gluttony always features a great list of food vendors and combined with Gluttony’s family-friendly shows and experiences, this makes for a fun day out for all.
This year there are plenty of children’s shows showing at Gluttony – below are some highlights of the program:
- 360 Allstars – 2019 REVIEW HERE
- Best Of Kids Fringe
- Bubble Show With Mini Milkshake – 2016 REVIEW
- Dinosaur Time Machine
- Game On 3
- Mr Spin’s Bam Wow Amazing Show
- Natural Habitat – Mermaids of Rymill Park – 2022 REVIEW
- Party Pooper
- Petit Circus: Bon Appetit – 2017 REVIEW
- Put On Your Dancing Shoes With Humphrey
- Roald Dahl And The Imagination Seekers
- Tahir – The World’s Best Worst Magician
- The Alphabet Of Awesome Science
- The Circus Firemen
- The Greatest Magic Show!
- You Are A Doughnut
Mr Spin’s BAM WOW Amazing Show
The show is a high-skilled, comic vaudevillian musical extravaganza!
Adelaide’s own, the legendary Mr Spin has such an infectious energy & endearing, charismatic wit that he is a true comic genius and one of Australia’s finest juggler. This 50-minute mega-stunt, slapstick musical clown performance will leave the whole family thoroughly entertained.
Fun Activities for Kids Around Gluttony
Dart Blaster Arena
Are you good eNerf to take on the Dart Blaster Arena? They are back with new guns, more darts, improved obstacles and all the energy burning fun you could possibly need. A chance for players to sample a huge buffet of toy blasters and take aim at strangers all within the confines of our special battlefield.
Forget palettes and paint brushes. Go to Gluttony’s Dart Blaster Arena and create your very own abstract masterpiece by shooting paint-tipped arrows at canvases. These are real bows that fire modified arrows. Choose your selection of colours and take aim to bring your vision to life. Create your own or share a canvas to create a collaborative piece by your group.
Art meets technology in this magical installation allowing you to experience the magic of the Northern Lights right here in Adelaide. Dan Acher’s BOREALIS had its Southern Hemisphere premiere in Adelaide Fringe 2018. Since then, it has travelled the world and wowed audiences in a dozen countries and makes a much-anticipated return this Fringe.
Food at Gluttony boasts a wide variety of worldly treats to feed the whole family, including Filipino, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Thai, Vietnamese and Indian cuisines. There’s something for everyone, from fresh and healthy options to festival favourites like popcorn, donuts, roasted nuts, burgers and gelato. Vegan and gluten-free diners welcomed with plenty on offer!
Gluttony Map 2022
The Gluttony layout changes slightly each year – click here for the latest map.
Gluttony has its own app to help you select shows, keep up to date with artist profiles, check performance times, receive special offers and more. Available to download for free for both iPhones and Android phones.
The Gluttony website is also a great way to find a show, with categories to help you find what you’re looking for such as a show with loads of laughs, something you can sing along to or something the whole family can enjoy.
Gluttony Opening Hours:
Gluttony is open for the full Fringe season – Friday 18 February until Sunday 20 March 2022.
Trading hours during Fringe season:
- Saturday and Sunday – 10am until very late
- Mondays – closed for a day of rest (except the March public holiday Monday)!
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday – 5pm until late
- Friday – 4.30pm until very late
Gluttony uses a cashless system for all food and beverage purchases.
COVID safe measures at Gluttony 2022 include:
- COVID Safe Check-Ins via QR codes
- Separated entry and exit lanes and assigned entrances for ticketholders for some performance spaces.
- Patrons, artists and staff over the age of 12 are required to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 (or have an official medical exemption) in order to enter the event site. Proof of vaccination will need to be shown to gate staff by those aged over 16 before entry.
- Mandatory mask wearing for all persons over the age of 12, unless eating, drinking or performing.
- A spaced-out site design
- Hand sanitising stations
- Queue management by COVID Marshals
- Frequent, thorough cleaning and sanitising of toilets and high-touch surfaces by a dedicated cleaning team.
- Better ventilated performance spaces, including some open-air venues
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Fringe website.
What: Gluttony 2022 Venue Hub at Adelaide Fringe
When: 18 February – 20 March 2022
Where: Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka | East Terrace, Adelaide
Who: There’s something for all ages
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Adelaide Fringe
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!