National Families Week 2022
Each year, over a hundred thousand people and hundreds of organisations celebrate National Families Week (15-21 May) – Australia’s annual celebration of families.
The aim of National Families Week is to celebrate the vital role that families play in Australian society. National Families Week is a time to celebrate with your family, make contact with your extended family and friends, and share in the enjoyment of family activities within the wider community. It is a time to celebrate the meaning of family and to make the most of family life.
To mark National Families Week 2022, Families Australia will host a compelling online event series showcasing diverse families and community leaders working to support families and help all children to thrive.
Across the week of Monday 16 to Friday 20 May, there will be a 45 minute webinar at 12:30pm (ACST) each day. Hear speakers share insights on their own families, the importance of family, and how we can assist all families to prosper.
There are National Families Week events being held all around South Australia:
- FRSA National Conference 2022 | Victoria Square | Tuesday 17 May 2022
- Yarning and Celebrating Together | Evanston | Friday 20 May 2022
- Teddy Bears Picnic | Hackham West | Tuesday 17 May 2022
- Special Storytime | Mount Gambier | Tuesday 17 May 2022
- Family Fun Day | Hackham West | Saturday 14 May 2022
- Family Storytime Program | Mount Barker | Monday 16 May 2022
- Family Week Playgroup at WMVNC | Morphett Vale | Monday 16 May 2022
- National Families Week story telling and craft at the Library | Renmark | Wednesday 18 May 2022
- Families Week in Port Adelaide | Friday 13 May 2022
- Nature Play in the Park | Victor Harbor | Sunday 15 May 2022
- Families Week Party in the Park | Whyalla | Wednesday 18 May 2022
- Family Themed Storytelling and Craft | Clare | Tuesday 17 May 2022
Note: some events require bookings so please check each event for more information.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the National Families Week website.
What: National Families Week
When: Sunday 15 – Saturday 21 May 2022
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: National Families Week Facebook
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!