Pick Your Own Figs at Glen Ewin Estate in February and March
Glen Ewin Estate is now OPEN for the 2018 fig season! The fig season is short but sweet, it generally commences mid-February and ends in March (or as the season dictates). You are welcome to visit their orchard and pick your own.
Their fig orchards comprise almost 12,000 trees of 5 main varieties: Archipal, Deanna, Spanish Desert, Brown Turkey and Black Genoa. In the 25 years that they’ve been at Glen Ewin, they have never sprayed the figs with any chemicals and employ organic management practices wherever they can.
After picking you are welcome to stay at the Fig Bar, have a cold drink and a cheese platter. They also have a few picnic rugs that they are happy to let you use and plenty of shade under the avenues of London Plane trees.
How it works:
- Check their event page to confirm they are open before you come.
- Pay $4 per person (children under 12 are free) at the Fig Bar upon arrival. You will be given a wristband and a box.
- Wonder through the orchard and pick as many figs as you like (don’t forget your family and friends).
- Go back to the Fig Bar, where you will pay for the figs you pick ($10.00 per kg).
Please note: The Fig Bar has food and beverages for sale; therefore, no outside food or beverages are permitted.
- They are open 9:00am to 3:00pm daily (last pick 2:00pm)
- Thursday – Sunday: Fig Bar open for food and beverages
- Thursday evening: Fig Bar open from 5pm to 10pm serving Fig Gin, Fig Cocktails and food.
Please note: On 24 February 2018 Pick Your Own Figs will close at 1:30pm (last pick 12:30pm) due to a wedding.
Please always check their event page to confirm they are open before coming.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Glen Ewin Estate website.
What: Pick Your Own Figs
When: Mid February – 31 March 2018 | 9am – 3pm daily
Where: Glen Ewin Estate | Lower Hermitage Road, Houghton
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Glen Ewin Estate
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!