The Songkran Festival is the Thai New Year or as some people call it the “Water Festival”, a festival that Thai people and foreigners from all over the world celebrate..
Every year people from overseas travel to this festival to experience the enjoyment from water. This year the Thai Festival and Cultural Association Inc are bring the Songkran Festival to Adelaide again, on Sunday 7 April 2019.
The Thai Festival & Cultural Association of SA will celebrate the festivities with entertainment and special events including;
- South Australian, Dr. Harris, or ‘Harry’ as he is known by his peers, will be blessed by Thai monks with water at a special ‘Rod Nam Phu Yai’ ritual during the festival to thank him for his achievements.
- Thai Boxing Demonstrations
- Thai Cooking Demonstration; drop by for tastings
- Authentic Thai Cuisine – food stalls
- Arts and crafts
- Traditional Miss Songkran Beauty Contest
- Thai Traditional Dancing & Music Performance
- Plus a whole bunch more
Check out our April School Holiday Guide here:
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Songkran Festival Facebook event page.
What: Songkran Festival
When: Sunday 7 April 2019 | 11am – 6.30pm
Where: Angus Neill Reserve | Esplanade, Seacliff
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Songkran Festival Facebook page
Subscribe to our Weekly Newsletter
Keep up to date with our latest posts and find out what’s on, where to go and what to do with the kids in and around Adelaide.