Invite your family and friends to celebrate Mt Barker’s 176th Anniversary by visiting the historic station and take part in the Rhythm and Rail Open Day on Sunday, 28 June.
This event is suitable for all ages and will include the following activities:
- Section car rides to the tunnel
- Free kids activities all day in the Rose Garden
- Help paint a train mural
- Toast marshmallow’s over a swagman’s campfire
- Draw chalk train pictures on the paved walkway
- Viewing on the platform 10am-11am “Fifty Miles of Track” documentary and music video – filmed in and around Mount Barker
- Live music from INNUENDO
- Wine tasting by Temple Bruer Organic Wines
- $5 exclusive guided depot tours (covered shoes required, 5 tours each 10 people only). Bookings essential.
The kitchen will be open for morning tea from 10am and for lunch from 11am with a selection of home style soups, pies, sausage rolls, cakes, light refreshments, hot drinks and coffee.
The Bugle Ranger Red Hen car will also operate from Mount Barker to Bugle Ranges and return (fare applies).
For more information and all enquiries visit the Steam Ranger Heritage Railway website.
What: SteamRanger Rhythm and Rail Open Day
When: Sunday 28 June 2015 | 10am – 3pm
Where: Mt Barker Railway Station | Gawler St, Mt Barker (opposite Park ‘n’ Ride)
Who: All Ages
All photographs by Play & Go.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.