Tusmore Park Wading Pool Now Open
The refurbishment of the Tusmore Park Wading Pool has been highly anticipated by all who love this park. What a fabulous upgrade this is with some great new features which make it bigger and better as well as safer and more fun. The wading pool has re-opened as of 15 March 2022.
Located in the City of Burnside, Tusmore Park is a picturesque spot with beautiful tall trees that offer plenty of shade with lots of open grassy areas to play. As well as the wading pool there is a creek running through the park, well maintained tennis courts, plus bbq and toilet facilities. It’s a popular place for family picnics and celebrations, especially on weekends.
New Wading Pool Features:
- It is now fully fenced*, which has been a concern in the past.
- There is a graduated entry on one side which is fab for the littlies and more accessible.
- A new safety rail has been included at the graduated entry.
- The depth of the pool is up to 30cm (as it was before)
- New water fountains add extra fun for splashing and water play.
- An additional lagoon like pool has been added alongside the bigger pool.
- New outdoor showers have been installed (there are toilets at the park).
- The terraced grass area is great for a picnic.
- It is well shaded by the large shade cloth and huge established trees around the park.
*The wading pool is fully fenced, however the park, creek and playground are not. Please note the pool is not supervised by lifeguards therefore careful supervision of little ones is always necessary as with anywhere there is water.
Please note: there may be times when the pool will close for maintenance. Please check the City of Burnside Facebook page for any updates.
Take a look at our preview videos below:
View this post on Instagram
Tusmore Park Playground
The playground at Tusmore Park is not a huge one and is not fenced, but has something for different ages. The climbing frame, slide, swings and spinning poles look down onto a paved maze and sandpit.
Kids love to run around, up and down the mound too.
Tusmore Park’s Creek
When there is water running through the creek, kids absolutely love to wade through it, stepping over stones, playing and exploring. The photos below were taken many years ago when we were lucky to have water running through it during summer.
Don’t worry though, because a dry creek bed can also offer different play opportunities. Climbing over the stones, sorting out rocks, building dams – they can have just as much fun. There are also many bridges throughout the park to cross over and explore under. Other Adelaide creeks to explore.
Stirling St, Tusmore, Parking available along Kennaway Street, Stirling Street, Barr-Smith Street and Rivington Grove.
For more information and all enquires please visit the City of Burnside website.
What: Tusmore Park
When: Anytime (wading pool generally open October – February/March)
Where: Stirling Street, Tusmore | map