Uraidla & Summertown Country Show & Sustainability Fair
Only a 20 minute drive from the city, the Uraidla & Summertown Country Show & Uraidla Sustainability Fair have something for all ages. From entertainment and live music, to food and wine, locals showcasing their skills and produce, and much more.
For well over a century the Annual Uraidla & Summertown Show has been the highlight of the local calendar, and has grown into an event to show off the best the region has to offer in food, wine, arts, entertainment and activities. Held in cooperation with the Uraidla Sustainability Fair, there is no shortage of things to do and see.
All are welcome and encouraged to enjoy and participate in the huge array of competitions and activities, all in the beautiful setting of the Uraidla Showgrounds at the head of the picturesque Piccadilly Valley wine region in the Adelaide Hills.
- Multiple Entertainment Areas
- Rides and Kids Entertainment Zone all day
- Australian Army Machinery Display
- Yard Dogs
- Miniature Goats
- Extreme bikes
- Log Chopping
Freestyle Tree Climbing competition
Uraidla Sustainability Fair
The Sustainability Fair focuses on lifestyle choices including sustainable gardening, buying from local businesses and supporting local craft and manufacturing.
This year’s theme is “creating sustainable lives”. The Remakery Alley is filled with ideas about how to creatively re-use and repurpose rather than send off to landfill.
Things to see and do
- Recycled Fashion Parade (2.15pm)
- Music – including Hypotheticals (11.15), The Rev and Mrs Rowdy (3pm), and the Uraidla Town Band (3.45pm) and buskers through the day.
- Many favourite activities and exhibitors will return to the Fair this year. CLICK HERE for a full list of exhibitors.
- Food and drink stalls – SustainabiliTea Bar, Coffee by Firefly Events, Quince catering Paella and the fabulous Sustainability Fair pizza oven, Four Seeds cookies, Toasties for kids, Locapops iceblocks and much more.
- ABC Gardening Australia’s Sophie Thomson (1.15pm)
- EastWaste’s Megan Bekesi on Recycling and Waste (12pm)
In the interest of safety, general public parking will not be available on the show grounds. General public parks will be signposted throughout the townships of Summertown and Uraidla and shuttle buses will be operating from 9.00am until the closure of the show. Please see the map below for details.
Entry: Adults $10 | Children under 12 free
PARKING & BUS ROUTE MAP
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Uraidla Show website.
What: Uraidla & Summertown Show & Uraidla Sustainability Fair
When: Sunday 3 November 2019 | 9am – 9pm
Where: Uraidla Oval | Swamp Rd, Uraidla
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: Uraidla & Summertown Country Show Facebook page; Play & Go
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!