Carrot Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe
The Adelaide Central Market has shared this delicious cupcake recipe perfect for the Easter long weekend.
The Market will be open on Easter Saturday (3 April 2021) to stock up on fresh produce and Easter goodies between 7am and 3pm. They will be closed Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday.
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 12
- 1 1⁄2 cups SR flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped into 1⁄2 cm pieces 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
Cream cheese icing
- 100g Low fat cream cheese, softened 30g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 24 bananas
- 24 purple jelly tots
- 12 white marshmallows
- 12 red jelly tots
- 1 roll licorice, cut into 2cm long whiskers along the lines
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and line a 12-hole standard muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, sugar and coconut together, stirring until well combined. Add carrot and pineapple, stirring until well combined.
- In a medium sized jug combine oil, eggs and vanilla together, whisking until well combined. Pour over the carrot mixture, stirring until well combined. Divide mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooking mix the cream cheese and butter together with an electric mixer, until smooth. Then add lemon zest and icing sugar and mix until well combined. Chill in the fridge until cake has cooled and then ice with 3⁄4 of the icing.
- To decorate cakes, place coconut in a small bowl and dip each cake, until well coated. Using the remaining icing, stick 2 bananas for ears, 2 purple jelly tots for eyes, 1 marshmallow halved for cheeks (cut side up), 1 red jelly tot for nose, 6 licorice strips for whiskers and 2 tic tac’s for teeth for each cake.
For more information and all enquiries please visit the Adelaide Central Market website.
At Play & Go Adelaide we make every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.
Image Source: image supplied
Want to get all the latest events and activities straight to your inbox?
Subscribe to our weekly email newsletter below to keep up to date with our latest posts and find out all the best events & activities for Adelaide families. Newsletters are only sent once a week, and you may sometimes get a special offer exclusively for our subscribers only!